21. INTERNATIONAL MTB MARATHON MALEVIL CUP by Author 13. 6. 2020
Jablonné v Podještědí / Lusatian Mountains / Czech Republic
This race is intended for licensed riders in categories ELITE Men / Women, wide public, handicapped people and amateur cyclists.
Part of the - UCI race category C3
- MarathonMan Europe 2020 series
- Author Marathon Tour 2020
Organizer: PAKLI SPORT KLUB, Zdislavy z Lemberka 437,
Jablonné v Podještědí, CZE 47125
Phone: +420 777 125 441,
Race director: Radek PATRÁK
UCI Commissioner: to be delegated by UCI
Doctor: to be delegated by Rescue Service Liberec
Course manager: Pavel KOREČEK
Catering: Hana JANĎUROVÁ
PR, Media: Jan Němec - MTBS.cz
Team / Expo zone: Radek PATRÁK
Registrations can be submitted:
a) via the Internet – fill the form HERE
Attention - The competition fee must be paid in full to the organizer's account within 7 days from the date of registration, or the application will be cancelled!
b) personally – at the PAKLI SPORT Shop - Jablonné v Podještědí
Closing date for applications: 5. 6. 2020 (including) , after this date applications are only possible during presentation on Friday – Saturday, 12. – 13. 6. 2020
Categories International MTB marathon Malevil Cup:
To register for the UCI category C3 - Malevil Cup 2020 can any holder of a valid UCI / ČSC license in category ELITE men / women.
Technical guide category ELITE men / women
Anyone else can participate in all of the courses A, B ,C or D They will be classified in their appropriate HOBBY category men / women.
Categories Malevil Cup 2020
The date of birth will determine your category.
Example: If you were born in 2001, you will be 19 in 2020. That means you belong to category M30A (considering you are a man, you do not have any license and you choose the 100 km course).
Under-categories - MEN
- MEN MASTERS (both team members have to be born in 1980 or before)
- MIX (mixed pairs of male + female riders, irrespective of their age)
Categories pair is not designed for ELITE athletes
Registration form pairs HERE
This category is listed only on the Course A - 100 km. Final position is based on the time of the second rider from the pair. The pair is required to pass all of the time checks and finish line within the gap of 2 minutes max. between both riders.
Category HAND - Paralympic Handicap Classification
Start at 10.30 AM from main square Jablonné v Podještědí together with the course C – 45 km.
Prizes – the best three women and three men in those categories will be awarded:
- MEN C1 - C2
- MEN C3 - C5
- WOMEN - CW / without any handicap differences
Competition Fee for Malevil Cup 2020
In case the payment of competition fee is done by 27. 5. 2020 there is a commemorative souvenir with the logo of Marathon Malevil Cup 2020 included in the start package.
The Competition Fee includes:
First Aid, emergency and host services, time measuring and processing the results, technical service, refreshments during races (A race 100km 6x, B race 65km 4x, C 45km 2x, D 25km 1x). Also a supply of energy bars at the Finish line, registration number, start package, bike wash, raffle ticket, and program during Friday and Saturday.
MarathonMan–Europe 2020 series:
Information and entry form for the MarathonMan–Europe 2020 series are available at www.marathon-man.eu
How to pay:
- by bank transfer to bank account and credit card
- by cash, paid at PAKLI sport shop, Jablonné v Podještědí
Payment in CZK:
2400239044 / 2010 FIO bank - account holder: SportSoft, spol. s r.o.
Payment in EUR:
account number: 74090000,
EUR: IBAN: DE88740900000002541122
BIC: GENODEF1PA1, Bank: VR-Bank Passau eG, account holder: SportSoft, spol. s r.o.
Variable symbol will be assigned to you by the registration system after filling the application.
When paying the competition fee please use the same variable symbol.
If unable to participate, the race fee is non-refundable, unless you provide us with a written cancellation not later than 27. 5. 2020 (including). In that case we will cancel the registration for a cancellation fee of 250,- CZK / 10,- EUR.
Changes of courses and competitor's applications will be only possible on Friday 5. 6. 2020 for a fee of 250,- CZK / 10,- EUR.
The organizer reserves the right to allocate 100 starting numbers at his own discretion.
The competition fee includes:
Healthcare and organizers' service. Time measuring and results processed using electronic timekeeper, technical service, refreshments during the course of competition (6x on course A 100 km, 4x on course B 65 km, 2x on course C 45 km, 1x on course D 25 km), including energy supplements at finish line, starting number, starting packet, bike washing service, raffle ticket, accompanying program on Friday and Saturday.
Presentation: Resort Malevil - Heřmanice v Podještědí
For advanced applicants:
Friday 12. 6. 2020 from 16:00 to 20:00 courses A, B, C, D
Saturday 13. 6. 2020 from 6:30 to 7:30 course A
from 6:30 to 8:30 courses B
from 6:30 to 9:30 courses C, D
Information on course:
Maps / Profiles / Service Zones
- 100 km course A 2230 meters altitude gain
- 65 km course B 1540 meters altitude gain
- 45 km course C 960 meters altitude gain
- 25 km course D 480 meters altitude gain
Course parameters have been measured with the help of on-line server www.cykloserver.cz
85 % of the course is along footpaths through the woodland and fields of the Lusatian Mountains; the remaining parts are on tarmac roads.
Explanation of course:
Friday 12. 6. 2020, 8:30 PM
An exact plan of the marathon and additional information are available on www.malevilcup.cz
Start: Saturday 13. 6. 2020 – NEW main square Jablonné v Podještědí
- A course 100 km at 8:30 AM.
- B course 65 km at 10.00 AM.
- C course 45 km at 10:30 AM.
- D course 25 km at 10:30 AM.
Line up on the start line is only for Track A (100 km) and Track B (65 km)
1. wave – those who hold the category Elite man/women issued by national federations
2. wave – hobby category – loss to the winner of Malevil Cup 2019 less than 1 hour + category PAIRS
3. wave – hobby category – loss to the winner of Malevil Cup 2019 less than 2 hours
4. wave – hobby category – loss to the winner of Malevil Cup 2019 more than 2 hours + new racers
1. wave – hobby category – loss to the winner of Malevil Cup 2019 less than 1 hour
2. wave – hobby category – loss to the winner of Malevil Cup 2019 less than 2 hours
3. wave – hobby category – loss to the winner of Malevil Cup 2019 more than 2 hours + new racers
The line up criteria is the time achieved during the last race Malevil Cup 2019.
Getting a place in the Czech Cup XCO / XCM 2019 or in a significant MTB marathon are the criteria’s of getting the „Wild Card“, which would need to be submitted together with a valid registration form. The registration form needs to be valid and done by 5. 6. 2020 until 12:00 AM.
Finish: Resort Malevil / Heřmanice v Podještědí
ATTENTION! The race has a time limit.
Last classified competitor arrives on the "A" course in Krompach-Valy time check zone at 2:00 PM.
Last classified competitor on the "B" course arrives in Petrovice 2:00 PM.
Anyone arriving after the limit will not be classified!
The last classified competitor crosses the finish line at 5:00 PM.
Any competitor dropping out of the race is obligated to inform the nearest organizer of the race on the course and give him the starting number with electronic chip (the starting number is the property of the race organizer until the end of the race).
Financial: - categories ELITE Men / Women win prize money according to the rules of UCI
Gifts: - best three in category HOBBY Men / Women - The first three in a line.
- free entry for the Malevil Cup 2021 for the first competitor in category
- announcement of King of the Lusatian Mountains for the year of 2020
- announcement of Queen of the Lusatian Mountains for the year of 2020
- other raffle prizes, including mountain bike and trip abroad.
- first three in the category of PAIRS, MASTERS and MIX
Other prizes drawn. Raffle starting numbers
The list of prizes will be posted at registration on 12. 6. 2020
Mountain Men / Women cash prize: Hvozd (Hochwald) of 750 m for the first three racers
Category course A - 100 km Category
1st place 150,- EUR
2nd place 100,- EUR
3rd place 50,- EUR
Prizes are awarded by agreement of the race partners and sponsors, and its winners have to be present at the award ceremony.
The unofficial results will be posted regularly, after each 50 competitors have reached the finish line.
Announcement of winners: 13. 6. 2020
3:30 PM – ELITE category course A
4:00 PM – category HOBBY course C, D
5:30 PM – category HOBBY course A, B
Protests may only be submitted in writing immediately after the competitor has reached the finish line; however, no later than 30 minutes prior to winners announcement of ELITE category and courses "A", "B", "C" and "D" in the race office with a deposit of 500,- CZK, which will belong to the organizers if the protest is not accepted.
The official results will be released within 24 hours of the end of the race on www.sportsoft.cz.
Attention: The time plan and courses can change at any point. Any changes will be posted in advance, latest at the registration before the race.
Conditions of entry:
The race is held under the UCI / ČSC regulation and those are of higher importance to the race provisions. Competitors under the age of 18 years can take part only with the written consent of their legal representative.
By signing the application or submitting the online form each participant declares that:
- he/she has read the propositions (rules) of this race, agrees with them and will follow them,
- he/she starts at their own risk,
- he/she is physically fit and sufficiently insured for the race,
- he/she will obey the instructions of the organizers.
By signing the application or submitting the online form the participants acknowledge that:
- the race takes place in unrestricted traffic conditions
- he/she gives unlimited and free of charge consent with the publication of any pictures acquired in connection with the race, even if he/she is on them and agrees with the processing of personal data for the purposes of this race.
Each participant is obliged to:
- pass all the checks and keep to the race route
- fix the starting number with electronic chip to the bike in prescribed manner
- wear a full head protection (helmet) throughout the entire race (!!!)
The organizer promises that he will not share any personal information with any third party and he will handle all personal data in compliance with the current data protection legislation.
Organizer is not liable for any personal injuries or damage to any property incurred by participants in connection with the race.
The organizer reserves the right to change the route in the event of unforeseen circumstances. If the race could not take place due to god's will, or any other reasons, which have not arisen due to the organizer's fault (such as natural disaster or epidemic), the entry fee will not be refunded.
Notice and request from the organizers:
Much of the race goes through the CHKO protected landscape of the Lusatian Mountains, so please follow the organizer's instructions, do not damage the countryside and always keep to the marked paths. We would like to hold the race next year too! Take special care on public roads and follow the Highway Code.
We recommend a medical examination and individual accident insurance and liability insurance for damage caused to other persons in the Czech Republic and abroad (part of the race pass through Germany).
In order to store your bikes, we highly recommend to use the watched depository.
Thorough care has been taken to make the English version of the race provisions as accurate as possible, nevertheless it is intended for information purposes only. The full Czech version is decisive and binding!
The organizer reserves the right to change the race provisions.